1. The space in the inner membrane of mitochondria is called the matrix. What does it contain?
A. high hydrogen ion concentration
B. low hydrogen ion concentration
C. no ribosome
D. no DNA
E. no protein synthesis
2. The true statement about 3D structure of protein:
A. The 3D structure is determined by sequence of
B. The 3D structure has non-covalent bonds
C. The 3D structure only interact with hydrophobic
D. The 3D structure is not found in human
E. The 3D structure is only important in enzyme
3. Which statement is associated with three dimensional
A. primary structure
B. secondary structure
C. tertiary structure
D. primary.secondary,tertiary structure
E. not depending in structure of protein
4. Which of the following statement is true about 3D protein structure if it is heated at high temperature?
A. amino acids will combined with other amino acid
B. protein will function at constant rate
C. will lost it function
D. not effect at all to the protein structure
5. The mitochondria have 2 membranes.The outer
membrane is permeable to small molecules and ions
while the inner membrane is impermeable to most
small molecules and ions,including hydrogen ion.The
inner mitochondria membrane serves the component of
A. All glycolytic enzymes
B. Enzymes for citric acid cycle
C. Fatty acids B-oxidation pathway
D. Amino acid oxidation pathway
E. ATP synthase
6. What is the major element of the cell?
A. C, H, O, N
B. C, H, S, P
C. C, H, S, Na
D. S, P, Ca, Na
E. S, H, Na, C
5’ GAAT GAAT 3’
9. When base sequence of DNA segment likes above,how
many H-bonds these nucleotides segment will have?
12. Under physiological condition, secretion of protein maybe through which of the following?
B. Across lipid bilayer
C. Using protein membrane as transporter
D. To build complex with Ca+++
E. Should bind enzyme molecules
13. What is NOT the basic field in medical science?
15. What kind of glucose in human body cell?
C. Both of them
E. Bind with ATP
17. Protein can be denatured by which of the following?
A. Concentrated urea solution
C. Strong acid
D. Concentrated ethanol solution
19. Which is isotonic solution?
A. Glucose 0.9%
B. CaCl2 0.9%
C. KCl 0.9%
D. NaCl 0.9%
20. The body needs chloride, sodium, potassium, etc. What
are these solution are called?
21. Before decide the appropriate class of drug, what is the
term used in experiment by researchers?
22. What is the function of bile acid in lipid digestion?
C. Dispersing Agent
23. Albumin function is maintain osmotic pressure. What is
the colligative properties that can stop osmotic
A. Boiling point elevation
B. Freezing point depression
C. Osmotic pressure
D. Vapour depression
E. Vapour depression and osmotic pressure
24. Which one is not colloid?
A. Oil in water
B. Benzoic acid in water
26. Colloid state for gelatin dessert
A. Both are solid
B. Both are liquid
C. Dispersing medium liquid, dispersing phase solid
D. Dispersing medium solid, dispersing phase liquid
E. Both are gas
27. Forest burning causes air pollution. What type is fog?
D. Solid foam
28. What is the form of shaving cream?
C. Solid foam
30. Free radical can oxidized unsaturated fatty acid. What type of bond & type of reaction occur?
A. Single bond & redox reaction
B. Double bond & redox reaction
C. Triple bond & redox reaction
D. Sigma bond & redox reaction
E. Pi bond & redox reaction
32. Which of the organic compound produce substance in
transform with additional reaction?
34. Which of the ketone bodies that has/have volatile
A. Acetoacetic acid and hydroxybutyric acid
B. Acetoacetic acid and acetone
C. Hydroxybutyric acid acetone
E. Hydroxybutyric acid
36. Which of the following bond can NOT make conformation?
A. Sigma bond
B. Pi bond
C. Single bond
D. Double bond
E. Triple bond
37. Which of this organic compound can interact with central
B. carboxylic acid
D. diethyl ether
39. Bovine insulin composed of two polypeptide chains. What
kind of bond joined these two polypeptides?
A. Charge bond
B. Covalent bond
C. Disulfide bond
D. Hydrogen bond
E. Peptide bond
40. Aldehyde and ketone are important groups for identifiying
monosaccharides.What are the type of reaction that
A. Group transfer reaction
B. Redox reaction
C. Rearrangement reaction
41. Which of the following antibiotic has many member lactones
ring in its structure?
42. Which of the following antibiotic has chloride in its
43. Structure found in animal glycoprotein
44. Found in eye’s diabetic person
45. Uronic acid
47. To decreased cerebral pressure
48. Detoxifying agent
49. Structure of Mannitol
50. Cell wall of gram-positive bacteria consisting of multiple
layers of these compound
51. Chondroitin Sulphate is an example of this compound.
52. This compound is abundant in muscle tissues;where it is
More immediately available for energy release
54. The compound that produce in the liver and acts as
stored energy organ in an animal
56. A single layer of gram-negative bacteria is
58. Blood glucose resulted from hydrolysis of these
60. Dimmer of cellulose polymer.
62. It is found in milk
63. What is glycemic index is related to?
A. High protein level
B. High lipid/fat level
C. High fiber level
D. High absorption
E. More solid form à NOT SURE
64. All monosaccharides will be converted by the liver into
which of the following?
66. Which food contains more lactose?
A. Malt syrup
B. Corn syrup
D. Soybean milk
E. Cow milk
70. What is the structure of sphingomyelin?
75. Example of lecithin.
D. Bile acid
76. Which of the following compound is derived from
D. Bile acid
77. Determinant of blood osmotic pressure.
83. Which of the following is protein conformation disease?
B. Mad cow disease
84. Which of the following including essential fatty acid?
A. Stearic acid & palmitic acid
B. Oleic acid & linoleic acid
C. Stearic acid & linoleic acid
D. Palmitic acid & linolenic acid
E. Linoleic acid & linolenic acid
85. LDL is produced at:
B. Gall bladder
C. Small intestine
87. Triglycerides consist of the following
A. 3 phospholipids attached to cholesterol
B. 3 glycerol attached to lipid
C. 3 fatty acids attached to glucose
D. 3 cholesterol attached to glycerol
E. 3 fatty acids attached to glycerol
90. Chylomicron are produced by the
D. Small intestine
91. What is the vehicle transport for lipid in blood?
C. Blood vessel
93. This structure shows Cytosine
94. Phosphodiester linkages
95. This base Nitrogen can be found in DNA or RNA
96. Glycosidic linkage
97. The structure shows Cytidilic acid
98. Given the bases segment of 1 strand DNA – 5’GAATGAAT
100. What is the most important biological function of
A. Precursor for synthesis of nucleic acid
B. Storage energy
C. Structural function of membrane
D. Transmission of nerve impulse
E. Immumne protection
102. Which one is the medical application of nucleobases,
nucleosides and nucleotides?
A. They act as bacterial agent
B. They act as therapy of fever
C. They act as hormone substitute
D. They act as emulsifying agent
E. They act as cancer chemotherapy
103. Which part of amino acid chemical structure differentiates one
A. double bonds
B. side groups
C. acid groups
D. carboxyl group
E. amino group
104. What is the meaning of essential amino acid?
A.The body that can synthesize them for itself
B.The body that can synthesize it from fat
C.The body that can synthesize it from carbohydrate
D.The body that can’t make in sufficient quantity
E.The body can’t synthesize it from vitamins
105. Sometimes non-essential amino acid becomes essential
amino acid under special condition, which is including
conditionally essential amino acid?
106. What is the major event of protein digestion in stomach?
B. Mechanical process which cutting larger molecules into smaller molecules
C. Catalyze by several enzymes
107. What is the fate of amino acid after enter cell?
A. Oxidise to energy and store as protein
B. Oxidise to energy and change to protein
C. Change to lipid
D. Store as protein
E. Build to enzyme
108. What function of protein should be avoided during starvation?
A. Protein as a building material
B. Protein as hormone
C. Protein as regulator of fluid balance
D. Protein as acid-base balance
E. Protein as a source of energy
109. What is the meaning of protein turnover?
A. The amount of protein on food before eating
B. The amount of protein absorb from diet
C. The amount of protein used for energy
D. The amount of protein found in albumin
E. The amount of protein synthesized and degraded
113. Which of the foodstuff has a highest protein quantity?
A. rice, banana, soy
B. rice, apple, milk
C. soy, apple, milk
D. soy, egg, milk
E. egg, asparagus, milk
114. What is a pair of food that can provide COMPLETE protein?
A. French fries and fried chicken
B. Rice porridge and chicken
C. Chicken and nasi gudeg
D. Sticky black rice and green bean
E. Porridge rice and asparagus soup
115. Which of these food contain no protein?
D. soy bean
116. What is the effect if person take a lot of protein?
E. heart disease
117. Which of these food contain the highest amount of nucleic
A. chicken skin
D. red meat
118. What are vitamins?
A. Inorganic molecules
B. Need in large amount
C. Required in most catabolism reaction
D. Are soluble in either water or fat
E. Performed best when linked in big molecules
124. Function of vitamin C?
A. Intrinsic factor
125. What is good source of vitamin A?
A. Whole-wheat bread, green peas, tuna
B. White bread, apples, noodles
C. Oats, pintot beans
D. Liver, apricot, turnip
E. Corn, grapefruit juice, sunflower
127. What is the body precursor to make vitamin D?
E. Creatinine phosphate
128. What is vitamin
A. inorganic molecules
B. need in large amount
C. required in most catabolism reaction
D. are soluble in either water or fat
E. perform best when link in big molecule
129. What is the characteristic of fat soluble vitamin?
A. It is easily excreted
B. It is not stored in muscle tissue
C. It seldom cause toxicity
D. It is secreted from intestine by lipoprotein
E. It is secreted through urine
132. What is the role of Vitamin C?
A. Physiological nerve function
B. Required for fat formation
C. Required for collagen production
D. Coenzyme in lipid and carbohydrate metabolism
E. Promote heme-iron production
133. Source of vitamin B:
A. Red meat, egg
B. Banana, pineapple
C. Fresh fish, milk
D. Pineapple, red meat
E. Milk, leafy vegetables
134. What is the function of niacin?
A. A coenzyme in…..
B. A coenzyme of NAD and NADP
C. A coenzyme of …..
D. Synthesis of myelin
E. Immune function
135. What is true about vitamin B12?
A. Unstable when heating
B. RDA is 300mg
C. source from tempe
D. deficiency disturb respiration
Minggu, 13 Januari 2008
Diposkan oleh superstar2007 di 17.31